Digital Drawings

Friday, September 09, 2005

In Depth

In Depth: This piece was a practice piece for me. I wanted to create some rich textures in Painter 8. I started with a blank 850x1100 pix canvas at 300 resolution. To create the piece the brushes I used most were: Sponge, glazing 60; Hard Pastels, and Barbed Wired Pen. The piece in Painter has 37 layers, about half of them are gel layers. I finished the piece in Xara (similar to Corel Draw 9) duplicated the piece, created a button effect and layered it over the black and white background.

8 Comments:

At 6:39 AM, Blogger WCTs said...

Wow...so neat. Many thanks for how you made this. I am still working on my style <: -) Hope to see your work in St. Louis some time!

Again, love your depth piece.

 
At 6:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You created a wonderful feeling in this painting. I can't even imagine 37 layers! I try to limit myself to about 4 or I forget where I am. This is beautiful!

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger isay said...

really hardwork but with amazing results.

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Rowantree said...

37 layers it's crazy, but look like oil paint, great !!

 
At 4:10 AM, Blogger carla said...

It's cool that layering with digital paint seems to produce the same kind of depth and luminosity that comes with layering conventional paint. This really turned out well; your objects seem solid and three-dimensional, and they have a warm glow. Beautiful work...definitely worth 37 layers!

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger Tony LaRocca said...

I like the hoop there- it reminds me of the line at the end of "The Returaunt at the End of the Universe" about a millions being killed in a game of intergalactic billiards because a planet got shot into a side pocket that was really a black hole.

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger The Tart said...

so interesting, makes you want to touch those objects, love the color & texture!

 
At 12:01 AM, Blogger Aravis said...

This is really quite beautiful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home