Digital Drawings

Saturday, June 04, 2005

Created for Illustration Friday's theme: DIGITAL

Title: Ancient Digital Map

Medium: Painter 8 using a Graphire tablet

Last week for Illustration Friday’s theme, Envy, I was influenced by the amazing work of artist Wassily Kandinsky. This week thanks to Ian, another IF participant, I have learned about the artist John Wolseley and his worked influenced my piece for Illustration Friday’s theme: Digital.

Gallery of John Wolseley’s work at: http://www.roslynoxley9.com.au/artists/1/John_Wolseley/

When I first read the “Digital” theme, I thought, WOW this is great, everything I draw, I do digitally, but instead of portraying “Digital” I wanted to create digitally and I wanted to use a lot of the brushes and pens from Corel Painter 8 that I don’t always use. Again I thank IF for the nudge to try something out of my usual routine. And participating in IF is how I learned about the artist John Wolseley. I find that I really enjoy Illustration Friday, seeing other artists work is a great energizer, and it has certainly encouraged me to stretch out of my usual.

<> Below is some additional information on how I drew this piece.

Drawing in Painter 8 I started with an 850 by 1100 pixel canvas resolution 300. I used both the digital watercolor brushes and the “regular” watercolor brushes for the color, diffusion and wet fringe were set high and the opacity was set very low. The marks are made with the digital calligraphy pens and the regular pen tools, including barbed wire pen, nervous pen, leaky pen and calligraphy pen 25. Digital Pastels were also used to add some color and S-F shattered was used to break some of that color up. I ended with 18 layers most of the layers are gel layers. I enjoy using Painter 8 very much and if you have any questions please email me, jlddavis@charter.net. Best Regards, Jacque.

3 Comments:

At 11:41 AM, Blogger Aravis said...

I'm really enjoying your abstracts. They're coming out wonderfully!

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger Anonymous said...

You have done a great job doing Davis mark making similar to Wolseley's multiple mark making!

 
At 9:19 PM, Anonymous Gerald said...

Goodd post

 

Post a Comment

<< Home