Digital Drawings

Saturday, May 21, 2005

Creating the picture in Painter 8

Aquarius the Water Carrier was drawn in Painter 8 using only two layers and 3 different brushes. I think the calligraphy pens with digital watercolor made for a fast, fun, fluid drawing. To do it, I started with an 850 by 1150 pixel canvas at 250 resolution. On one layer I used two different calligraphy pens, Broad Smooth Pen 40, and Calligraphy Pen 25 both at 100% opacity. I varied their sizes anywhere from about 19 – 35. The two different calligraphy pens are handy since their slants are opposite, and I can change between them to change slant without taking the time to go into the brush palette to create brushes with different slants. After I drew the black lines, I went to a layer underneath the calligraphy lines to put in the color using the digital water color brush, “Coarse Mop Brush” with an opacity of about 12% and a very large brush size, between 20-35. This very simple two layer, 3 brush technique is bold, quick and fluid, I have a lot of fun using it. – If you have questions, feel free to email me at, jlddavis@charter.net Best Regards, Jacque Lynn Davis

2 Comments:

At 3:17 PM, Blogger Carolyn said...

As usual: AWESOME. I really admire your work, especially since I've never attempted digital save for "Paint-bucketing" solid color into scanned images!
Carolyn

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Tony LaRocca said...

I like the flow of the colors. That would make a cool wall mural

 

Post a Comment

<< Home