Digital Drawings

Friday, June 09, 2006

For Inspire Me Thursday's Show and Tell


For Inspire Me Thursday’s “Show and Tell”: Title: If I made pottery!!. I had just seen some delightful black and white pottery at the Webster Groves Art and Air Artfair last weekend and I was thinking about how I love the energetic exciting whimzical patterns and motifs used by many pottery artists. SO, if I made pottery it would be whimzical too. This is a digital drawing made in Painter 9 using the gouache brushes and some of my own pattern fills. To make my own pattern fills in Painter 9 I start with a 100 x 100 pixel canvas, make the pattern on one layer only, select the layer and then choose capture pattern. I often make several patterns and use them as a pattern fill or on a pattern pen. If I put a black and white pattern on a gel layer, the white becomes transparent and I can add color on a layer beneath it. Below is another picture “ Oreo Overdose” made with a number of my own pattern fills created in Painter 9.

6 Comments:

At 8:05 PM, Blogger Stacia said...

I really like your two images..the bold lines and patterns along with your color choices make for appealing pieces. Oreo Overdose is pretty funny too - I can totally relate after a good chocolate fix...

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger Teri said...

I love these bright energetic colors! Wow, they just vibrate and the bits of red are perfect.

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger carla said...

Wow! This really pops! I am so impressed by you folks who create such amazing art in Painter. I have Painter as well, but the few times I've tried to paint something, I've become very intimidated and discouraged. I'm pretty comfortable with Photoshop and Illustrator, but painter is a whole other thing... So kudos to you! I really like the dominant balck and white here, and I like the colors you've used to set it off. Your oreo overdose has some very jazzy patterns! Great suff:>

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger arvindh said...

Fantastic pattern and colours!

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger justinpatrickparpan said...

Thanks for the kind info the other day, I really appreciated it. The new work is just great, but I have to admit, I have a soft spot for the ore overdose. Wicked sense of wit! Keep it up.

 
At 6:39 AM, Blogger Aku said...

hey thanks for enjoying my slideshow! yea, it is a great invention and easy to make too. try www82.rockyou.com. i just learned to familiarize self with photoshop but your work with painter 9 is amazing. i wish i could do that. my next project. great! btw, i like your 'oreo overdose', very creative!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home